This is the group blog for the Ngee Ann Polytechnic School of Interdisciplinary Studies expedition to the Philippines. The trip is to facilitate a two country study - Singapore and The Philippines - on foreign domestic workers or FDW.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Little by little

Im not sure about the rest of you, but Ive never thought I would be involved in such an experience. Yes, I may have felt that injustice has been done to FDWs, but never would I tried to find out how I could make a difference, or just try to make things better. Im glad this opportunity has arrived and that Im given a chance to do my part for society. In this world, many people's lives revolve around themselves, but I realised it is self-satisfying to be able to help others. Making people smile is always more fulfilling than making yourself smile.

Im looking foward to going to the philippines, and hoping to make just that bit of difference, because every little effort counts.


-Jen

1 Comments:

Blogger CHONG Ching-liang said...

The spread of information is a slow but sure step towards changing things. It's dif to gather data that makes sense. We often run the dangers of accepting the answers too easily. So far we have seen that initial answers could easily entice us to accept these answers as simple truths if we choose not to think and ask more questions. We must remind ourselves of this fact: Filipina FDWs who have day off so far, this population are just the tip of the ice-berg ... Remember, even the Filipina FDWs have a large population who are not protected. One out of Four came thru agencies who are not accredited to the Filipino government and this means they are not protected...

12:58 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats