DAY SIX: Labrador, San Fabian, and Daguban - Interviews and Malls!
Writing this post from a large mall in the largest town of Pangansinan, Daguban. The students did very well in their interview this morning. Their second attempt saw them being more comfortable and more skilful in pushing their research. Today also saw the students conducting their first interviews in the homes of their interviewees in the villages or barangays. The whole interview process took nearly four hours and the now we are at a mall for lunch. We thought it would be a treat for the students as all of them haven't seen the inside of a mall for the last 6 days!!! I supposed that is a whole eternity for some of them. This is definitely a morele booster for some of them. However, I must stressed that most of them has been very good and professional about things. Anyways, I found this little internet kiosk on the top floor so I am taking this opportunity to blog about our expedition's progress.
We will be leaving this mall at about 1500hrs to head back to our hotel the Villa Jireh. Again, a reminder that the hotel doesn't have any internet so there will be no more updates once I get back there.
The rest of today's schedule is as follows. The students will make a presentation on their experience learnt for the last three days to each other and then retire for an early night if possible. We are ahead of schedule today so it isn't as bad as I thought it would be yesterday. However, it will still take us two hours to get back to the hotel by bus.
Tomorrow is our rest day. The whole team will move to Maxine's by the Sea at Alaminos City for a one night stay. I suspect the phone arrangements would be as Villa Jireh. SMS and then have the person you want to call go to the front desk to pick it up. Tomorrow is the One Hundred Island tour.
That's all for now.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home